What are VDOs?
VDOs are a powerful tool for women empowerment
VDOs, or Village Development Organizations, are at the heart of HDF's work in Pakistan
More than 1600 of these groups have been formed in HDF villages and are led by both men and women to identify and address the needs of the community.
VDOs have become institutions in the community, and are the first stop for many who need help.
Below are a few of the activities currently being implemented by VDOs in Pakistan:
See How Our VDOs are Having an Impact on Communities in Pakistan!
- Development Disaster Management Plans
- Proposal Writing Training
- Establish a Network of VDOs at the district level
- Training on Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Sharing of Village Development Plans with local government
- Enrollment of out of school children in Primary and Secondary Schools